Weight loss surgery is an effective tool to help you lose weight, improve your health, and reduce or eliminate medical conditions associated with obesity. That being said, it’s not right for everyone. Currently, over 18 million people in the US qualify for these types of procedures. Read the qualifications for weight loss surgery below to see if you or someone you love could be a candidate.
Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
You’re doing research on weight loss surgery, which means you or a friend are ready to make a drastic change to improve your quality of life.
- Are you severely obese with a BMI of 35 or over?
- Do you experience symptoms of other conditions including, but not limited to, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, GERD or acid reflux, back pain, knee pain, and high cholesterol?
- Have you unsuccessfully attempted to lose weight through documented methods, such as diet and exercise plans?
- Are you free of dependence on alcohol or drugs?
- Do you have a firm understanding of the weight loss process, from preparation to surgery including expectations of what to expect after the procedure?
- Are you dedicated to making the necessary lifestyle and nutrition changes post-surgery, as recommended by your doctor?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you may qualify for life-changing weight loss surgery. To browse the types of procedures we offer, click here.
Calculate Your BMI
Don’t know if you meet the BMI requirement? Calculate your BMI by entering the information requested below.
While most people with a BMI of 35 or over qualify for weight loss surgery, Evolve does offer a non-surgical option to people with BMIs between 30 and 35.