Weight loss surgery is an effective tool to help you lose weight, improve your health, and reduce or eliminate medical conditions associated with obesity. That being said, it’s not right for everyone. The content below will help determine if weight loss surgery is right for you.
Characteristics of Qualified Candidates for Weight Loss Surgery:
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above
- Experience symptoms of other conditions including, but not limited to, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, GERD or acid reflux, back pain, knee pain, and high cholesterol
- Have unsuccessfully attempted to lose weight through documented methods, such as diet and exercise plans
- Do not have a dependence on alcohol or drugs
- Do not have certain medical/physiological conditions that could complicate surgery
- Have a firm understanding of the weight loss process, from preparation to surgery including expectations of what to expect after the procedure
- Are dedicated to making the necessary lifestyle and nutrition changes post-surgery, as recommended by their doctor
Calculate Your BMI
Unsure of your current BMI? Calculate it by entering the information requested below.