Hernia Repair Surgeons
Evolve performs surgeries to repair inguinal (groin area), ventral (abdomen), incisional (caused by unhealed surgical wound), and hiatal hernias. Our surgeons perform these procedures using minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. This method decreases scarring and recovery times, and minimizes the risk of infection. In many cases, the incisions we make are so small they don’t even require stitches, so you can get back to your normal lives in days, not weeks.
What is a Hernia?
A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through weakened muscle or tissue that normally contains it. Typically caused by a combination of muscle weakness and strain, hernias can develop quickly or over a long period of time. While a hernia can occur just about anywhere, the most common hernias are in the inner or outer groin, the belly button, or the stomach. Some hernias are not painful, but some are severely painful and carry the risk of strangulating important blood vessels. Unfortunately, hernias do not go away on their own.
The Two Most Common Types of Hernias
- Inguinal Hernias – these types of hernias occur in the lower abdominal wall near the groin. They are more common in men than women. Most patients complain of an unusual bulge near the groin area.
- Hiatal Hernias – these hernias occur in the upper abdomen when the stomach pushes through the diaphragm into the chest cavity. They are more common in women than men. Most patients with these hernias complain of heartburn or acid reflux.
Common Hernia Symptoms include:
- Abdominal or groin pain
- Bulges or swelling
- Nausea or vomiting
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Weakness, pressure or a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen
Benefits of minimally invasive hernia surgery with Evolve include:
- Tiny incisions
- Less pain
- Shorter operation time
- Home the same day
- Back to normal activities and work in days
- Return to regular exercise activity in 3–6 weeks
If you are experiencing the annoyance of a hernia, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 888.575.4526 to schedule a consultation.